The Intelligent Range feature on your electric vehicle (EV) uses cloud-connected software to give you real-time updates on your EVs battery range*, taking into account factors from both your vehicle and the world around you – so you can stress less and plan for the road ahead.
How Intelligent Range Works
Intelligent Range activates automatically (no setup necessary) and pays attention to factors such as:
- Your driving patterns and behaviour.
- Your vehicle (e.g., how much you are hauling or towing, current battery charge, maintenance, etc.).
- Connected data from traffic updates, weather forecasts, maps and other Ford EV drivers.
- Your natural surroundings (e.g., geography, terrain, current weather conditions, etc.).
The feature considers all factors, does the math and sends over all the latest battery range information to your in-vehicle digital instrument cluster, as well as the FordPass®** App, to help you decide when you will need to charge again. And if you encounter any significant changes as you drive (e.g., unexpected traffic), your vehicle will adjust and update Intelligent Range in real time.
Intelligent Range and Towing
When it comes to towing and hauling, keep in mind:
- If you are pulling a trailer, it will take several kilometres for the Intelligent Range to calibrate and adjust.
- If you are loading a lot of heavy cargo, you will want to check your EV’s Intelligent Range before and after departing – in case the added weight causes any initial estimates to change.
*Actual range varies with conditions such as external elements, driving behaviours, vehicle maintenance, lithium-ion battery age and state of health.
**The FordPass App, compatible with select smartphone platforms, is available through a free download. Message and data rates may apply.